HOW TO USE KIEF:
There are many ways to make good use of your stockpile of unrefined cannabis concentrate, from smoking kief to making hash. Here are a few suggestions that can amplify potency and refine consistency.
- Sprinkle it onto your packed bowl of cannabis. Overall potency can increase dramatically with a generous dusting of kief on top of your bowl.
- Sprinkle it into a joint, or roll your joint in it. Evenly pepper your ground cannabis with a nice pinch of kief to increase potency. For a more advanced experience, dampen the outside of your joint with a lick or with your preferred wax, and then roll the top 1/3 of the joint in kief.
- Make hash. One of the oldest forms of refined cannabis, hash is basically just kief that has been heated and pressurized to form a soft, green ball. Applying heat and pressure to kief ruptures the resin glands, changing its overall taste, effects, & composition. The more pressure you apply, the darker the hash becomes in color.
- Make moonrocks. Moonrocks are top-quality nugs that are covered in liquid concentrate and rolled in kief. Sometimes considered a DIY concentrate, potent moonrocks are relatively easy to make if you have the materials. Gently heat your cannabis concentrate of choice and liberally coat your buds. Sprinkle kief over still-warm buds, or dredge buds in a kief bath using tongs. Let harden, then enjoy them by breaking them up by hand and sprinkling them into your bowl (avoid using a grinder if possible, as a grinder will break them up too finely and defeat the purpose of creating your lovely moonrock).
- Press rosin. Rosin is known for its solventless extraction methods and preservation of cannabinoids. This process is usually done with flower, but higher yields and potency can be achieved by pressing kief. The at-home kief press method involves a hair straightener and a vice, while professional methods incorporate high-pressure presses.
- Add potency to cannabutter. Kief is an easy way to boost potency that doesn’t add any extra steps to the cannabutter-creating process. Just remember, no matter if you decarboxylate your cannabis in the oven or in your crockpot, make sure your kief is intermixed with your flower for best results.
Smoking CBD may be harsh on the throat and/or lungs for those who are not accustomed to smoking products.
Review our product disclaimer here.