The world of cannabis products has evolved remarkably in the past decade, with two key components – CBD (cannabidiol) and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) – dominating the narrative. Both are cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant, but their effects on the human body differ vastly. Today, we’re focusing on topicals, exploring the differences between CBD-only and THC-infused options.
Cannabidiol, or CBD, has captured the attention of wellness enthusiasts worldwide, thanks to its non-psychoactive properties and potential health benefits. CBD topicals, such as creams, balms, and lotions, are designed for localized application. This means they’re applied directly onto the skin at the area of discomfort.
CBD has an affinity for the skin because of the high concentration of cannabinoid receptors found there. When applied topically, CBD is believed to interact with these receptors, potentially providing relief from pain, inflammation, and skin conditions like eczema or acne. Moreover, it won’t get you ‘high’, a factor that has made CBD-only topicals a popular choice among consumers seeking the therapeutic benefits of cannabis without the psychoactive effects.
On the other hand, we have topicals infused with THC, the primary psychoactive compound in cannabis. Like CBD, THC also interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system, but it does so in a different way, creating a sense of euphoria when consumed orally or inhaled. However, when used topically, THC doesn’t enter the bloodstream, so it won’t produce the ‘high’ typically associated with it.
THC topicals are thought to possess their unique set of benefits. In addition to potential anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects, some users report enhanced relaxation and improved skin health. There is also emerging evidence suggesting that THC may have a synergistic effect with CBD, enhancing the overall efficacy of the product—a phenomenon known as the “entourage effect.”
The choice between CBD-only and THC topicals ultimately comes down to personal preference and individual needs. Here are a few factors to consider when making your choice:
1. **Legality**: CBD is legal in most places, provided it’s derived from hemp and contains less than 0.3% THC. Conversely, THC’s legality is more restrictive, varying by state and country.
2. **Psychoactive effects**: While neither CBD nor THC topicals are likely to produce a ‘high’, individuals sensitive to THC may prefer CBD-only products.
3. **Purpose of use**: If you’re looking for potential relief from pain, inflammation, or certain skin conditions, both types of topicals could be suitable. However, if you’re interested in the potential synergistic effects of cannabinoids, a topical featuring both CBD and THC might be the better option.
4. **Drug Testing**: Regular use of THC-infused topicals could potentially lead to a positive drug test, even if you don’t experience a ‘high’. If you’re subject to drug tests, CBD-only topicals would be a safer choice.
5. **Brand You Can Trust**: When experimenting with topical products, it‘s important to buy from a brand you can trust to ensure you get the benefits you are looking for. RESTART CBD is committed to creating a consistent, premium-quality cannabis experience so you can trust what you’re buying.
In conclusion, both CBD-only and THC topicals offer a unique set of potential benefits. Understanding the properties of each can help consumers make an informed decision that suits their needs and lifestyle. As with any wellness product, it’s recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before incorporating CBD or THC topicals into your routine.
RESTART RECOVER CBD Topical Cream combines the benefits of both THC and CBD to deliver consistent and noticeable results This 15:1 topical salve combines 1500MG CBD, 100mg THC, aloe and arnica plus 22 natural botanicals including rosemary, helichrysum, eucalyptus, lavender to help soothe minor aches and pains as well as fight inflammation. This topical is one of very few on the market that contain both CBD and THC to help you take full advantage of the entourage effect. Click on the product link above to read more, purchase in store or order online to try it today!